[TowerTalk] Grease or not to grease

Bob K6UJ k6uj at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 14 15:30:20 EST 2016

Hi Rick,

My guess is that it is probably the pulley bearings in bad condx. One of
the pulleys could be rubbing as it turns too.  I replaced the bearings
on 3 pulleys on my tower.  Crank it down, block it up so it is safe and
inspect the pulleys individually.  Bet you will find some that turn
pretty hard and the bearings are shot.  The bearings can be replaced
depending on your tower.  Mine are pressed into the aluminum pulley
sheaves.  I order new bearings and pressed in the new ones.
What tower do you have ?

Bob
K6UJ