[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-8000 DXA controller with G-450 rotor

Tom-W3FRG w3frg1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:18:34 EST 2016

First off, I think you mean G-800DXA, not G-8000DXA.

The connectors are indeed identical on both units and the interconnect
cable between rotor and controller is also identical, but...
The G-800DXA uses only pins 4 & 5 for the limits and motor, where the
G-450DXA uses pins 4, 5 & 6. Pin 7 is never used on these rotors.
The potentiometer wiring is identical, uses pins 1, 2 & 3.

Unless you can ID the motor differences, if any, I would hesitate to
substitute and create a brick.

As per the previous suggestion, check with Yaesu Tech first.

Tom W3FRG