[TowerTalk] rotor

Les Kalmus w2lk at bk-lk.com
Mon Nov 21 11:56:06 EST 2016

Cort,

I would get a weather tight metal box and mount it near the base of the
tower. Get a pair of cable glands which are weather tight for the cable
entry and do the splice inside that box, maybe with a terminal strip.
You'll have an access point for testing the cable if you have a future
problem and you can insure that everything will be moisture free.

Typical box. Get one sized for your needs:
http://www.alliedelec.com/hammond-manufacturing-1550z107/70166062/?mkwid=s1wbnxqbi&pcrid=30980760979&gclid=CLiHhZWnutACFYxWDQodoYwCYA
or an outdoor electrical box:
http://www.homedepot.com/b/Search/N-5yc1vZbm4m/Ntk-Extended/Ntt-weatherproof+box?Ntx=mode+matchpartialmax&NCNI-5.
You'll also have to get a few plugs and front plate to seal unused openings.
Cable gland:
http://www.elecdirect.com/cord-grips-strain-relief/cable-glands/?utm_source=bingads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bingads
You might be able to find a correctly sized cable gland that will screw
directly into the threaded ports on the electrical box.

Les W2LK