[TowerTalk] Help, Antenna modeling people.

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Nov 29 14:26:03 EST 2016

Yes. I first ran into this nearly ten years ago with the first 160/80
dipole that I rigged between trees. Like a dummy, I failed to use an
insulator between the ends of the dipole and the 5/16-in rope. When it
got wet, the rope melted and the dipole was on the ground.

The ends of any wire are a high voltage point, and should be treated as
such. This is also true of radials!

73, Jim K9YC