[TowerTalk] T2X rotor stuck

Earl Morse kz8e at wt.net
Wed Oct 5 08:40:41 EDT 2016

Having a box of Tailtwisters and HamIV rotators is going to make it hard to plunk down $2500-$3000 for a worm drive.  Would love to have one, maybe further down the road.

A new installation is going to have a lot of costs even if you have all the parts already.  I will probably put up the old rotator with the intent of changing it out at a later date, maybe an earlier date if it continues to act up.  Right now I have to take it all down then evaluate what I have and what I want to do.  Not sure if I am going to get new antennas or rebuild all the current ones.  Then there is the radio that is now old enough to drink in every state.  What's DSP?  A new radio is high on the list just because I want to easily remote the station this time.

Maybe by the time I retire it will all be done.  Unless Ham Radio starts to pay better it is going to remain a hobby and on the back burner.  Are they taking that pecuniary interest clause out of the rules yet? ;)

Earl
N8SS

Message: 2