[TowerTalk] questions on the use of a man-bucket and guy tensioning 5/16"...

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Wed Oct 12 09:51:39 EDT 2016

Thanks Gerald ... indeed its 1/2 EHS and the 5/16” is pretty substantial weight ... there’s also a 15,000# insulator in there as well... my guess is you’re right – that I won’t be able to pull enough tension out with what I have... I’ve been trying to borrow some come alongs without success... I’ll keeping trying.

And I had planned on not worrying about getting the final tension right nor exact verticality (a word?!). One of the guys is down a line of trees on either side ... so it will involve running from one to the other. Getting help anymore is one of the hardest parts of doing antenna work – ground help that is ... and getting someone experienced with guys even more so.

thanks again ... and this has been a VERY long process starting in early February with building a ‘test’ tower with Razor device and building the first of the 15’s ... range tested both 15’s as well as the 20’s and to a lesser degree the 2 40’s ... looking forward to having some free time :>)

Gary