[TowerTalk] Lifting a pre-built section of tower using a crane - how

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Oct 12 14:14:00 EDT 2016

I never had any such issue. I assembled the tower so the crane operator
could move the boom as he lifted and the bottom of the tower did not drag.

John KK9A

To:	R Morris <robrk at nidhog.net>, StellarCAT <rxdesign at ssvecnet.com>
Subject:	Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting a pre-built section of tower using
a	crane	- how to strap it off
From:	Fred Keen via TowerTalk <towertalk at contesting.com>
Reply-to:	Fred Keen <fredkeen at ymail.com>
Date:	Wed, 12 Oct 2016 15:19:45 +0000 (UTC)

As you lift the tower, it was a lot easier for us having three men to hold
the
guy wires away from the tower as it was lifted.
Have you given any thought to how you're going to move the bottom of tower as
the crane lifts it? We used a small front end loader bucket, there is not
a lot
of weight involved but the bottom will drag the ground until the point where
the crane has the tower section off the ground.
Fred  KC5YN