[TowerTalk] Wire 4-squares - they work ! (GAIN?)

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Sat Oct 15 08:07:35 EDT 2016

You are substantially in the near field at 200' ... 2000' feet would be more
like it on 80 meters. 10 wavelengths is where you want to be so on 80 that
is 2600'. 40 1300' ... 20 600' ... and an S unit on that rig, on most rigs
now days is closer to 3 db and is roughly linear except at the low end (on
my FT5K it is <2 db change to go from S5 down to S1). I'd think absorption
by the trees more so in the summer with leaves is going to have some impact
on 20 meters.

That stated it appears to work - don't sweat it - enjoy it!

Gary
K9RX