[TowerTalk] Question on working AB-952 military mast

AB2E Darrell ab2e at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 23 19:04:09 EDT 2016

Greetings everyone,
I picked up an AB-952 military mast and have fixed it and it's ready to go up. I would like to hear from anyone who has either used one or has a working one.

My question is about the main vertical tube that has the lever and telescopes up from the base about 2ft when unlatched. The instructions say to raise , turn half a turn and it should lock into place.
Mine is not doing that...it raises ok but I can't get it to lock into place. It just slides back down to the resting place at the start.
The instructions call this area of the tube "the spirit".

Is there an internal mechanism inside the tube that's supposed to hold it in place , or?

Any help appreciated.
Email me offlist.
Thanks and 73
Darrell AB2E

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone