[TowerTalk] Radial field question Single radial wires vs mesh and more

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Wed Oct 26 21:36:57 EDT 2016

I just poured the base for a self supporting 80m full sized vertical.
The manual recommends individual radial wires and to make sure they
never overlap as that can cause issues.

My question.  I have a bunch of what I think is stucco mesh.  I was
thinking about laying down around the base of the vertical or laying out
in a couple of direction assuming I can get a decent bond from one piece
to the next.

Is there an issue with using this mesh?  Would I just be better off
running single radial wires versus having a dense field around the base
or do both and hook up the separate radials to the end of the mesh in a
circular fashion.

I just don't want to waste my time of folks don't think the mesh is
worth fooling around with.

Thanks for the comments.

Mike W0MU