[TowerTalk] Radial field question Single radial wires vs

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 28 12:59:46 EDT 2016

Marine grade aluminum, 5000 series is used for ships and would be a much
better choice when on/in/near earth.  More commonly available is 3003,
also fairly corrosion resistant.  Neither approach the strength of the
most common 6061 which is not a good choice for corrosion resistance.
Tread or diamond plate is sometimes available at scrap yards and is
often 3003.

I'm machining parts from 2.5" thick 6061 plate, so Jim now you know a
thick plate buyer.

Grant KZ1W