[TowerTalk] Crowd sourcing ideas on making antennas look better

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Mon Oct 31 20:54:26 EDT 2016

Not sure how long the Krylon will hold up.  People are using it on
SteppIRs repainting the fiberglass tubes with mixed results. The marine
paint holds up much better and it is more expensive.  I painted my
SteppIR with Krylon and it is holding up in Colorado at least the side I
can see from the ground.  I have not been top side on the tower in a
long time to see what the sun is doing to them.

The problem with any of this is that I don't think you can do any of
this at the factory.  Scraping paint off to make good connections would
not be my idea of fun.

Maybe you could get the aluminum supplier to dump some dye into their
batch for you and make your aluminum black, gray, green, etc.  Not even
sure that is possible and no clue how much you would have to buy if they
could do it.

W0MU