[TowerTalk] RV: 6 mtr quad

Joe Giacobello, K2XX k2xx at swva.net
Thu Sep 1 12:33:22 EDT 2016

Yes, Màximo, I should have mentioned that I designed for maximum forward
gain.  I'm generally only interested in the CW end of the band and take
what I get elsewhere.  (Nevertheless, IIRC, the gain did not drop off
very much in the phone part of the band.) The problem with F/B on quads
is that it peaks over a very narrow frequency range, so I just don't
think there's much to be gained by designing for F/B, and I personally
prefer to focus on forward gain.

73, Joe
K2XX