[TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Sep 1 16:09:20 EDT 2016

On Thu,9/1/2016 11:31 AM, Hector Garcia,XE2K wrote:
> work very well for what?  freq?  abuse?  is the standard connector for the Cell communication industryfor 7/8 is the best connector to use ( or any other bigger)

You're asking exactly the right questions, Hector.

On Thu,9/1/2016 12:25 PM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> I use UHF connectors when
> attaching RG-213 to Heliax. If they are not available, and I have never
> seen UHF AVA5 connectors, than I would use N.  Otherwise you will need an
> adapter and I think those are typically DIN to N. N connectors are dirt
> cheap and work well if properly installed.

I agree, John. UHF connectors are the best choice for use at all
frequencies up to and including 6M. Also, when adapters are used, it's
VERY important that they be of very good quality. I try to avoid
adapters as much as possible, simply because good ones are expensive,
and I have learned the hard way that cheap adapters are JUNK, and a
source of problems that can be hard to track down.

I use mostly N-connectors on all of my hardline, simply because UHF
connectors are available only for LDF4. Everything else in my station is
UHF, either Amphenol or whatever Polyphaser uses on their arrestors and
manufacturers use on their equipment. When I need to mate 0.4-in coax to
an N connector, I use the excellent male N-connectors  made by Andros
Engineering. Try them once and you'll never go back. :)

http://www.androsmfg.com/products/n-connector.html

I see that they are now making F and UHF connectors. I need to look at
them.

73, Jim K9YC