[TowerTalk] JK BevFlex-4

Keith Hanson ac9s at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:51:17 EDT 2016

Does anyone have experience or an opinion on the JK BevFlex-4 beverage antenna listed on the JK Antennas website?  It uses RG-6 for the antenna element as well as the feedlines.  I first saw the design at Dayton this year, but haven't seen anything here.  It received 5's on Eham for what that is worth - including K4UEE.

https://jkantennas.com/rx-antenna.html

I tried a 200'  reversible BOG last winter with pretty good results - worked 60 countries on 160 even with family conflicts during all of the 160 contests. This was my first experience with a beverage and using it and my transmit antenna in diversity was much more effective (SNR was better) than the transmit antenna alone

 My lot is about 330' by 450' with our house directly in the middle.  I have been led to believe that you don't want a beverage feed to run parallel to the antenna which is why I tried the short BOG from a corner of the house to a corner of the lot.  I can manage about 500' diagonally across the lot, but that would entail a Beverage feed running parallel to half the antenna.

The JK antenna site claims that you can feed the Beverage at any point along the antenna without compromising it.  Does this seem reasonable?  It would be perfect for my site since I could run the beverage directly past my house and feed it at that point - roughly the middle.

Thanks --

Keith - AC9S