[TowerTalk] LMR600 male DIN

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Sep 3 14:34:36 EDT 2016

On Sat,9/3/2016 9:50 AM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> I would not use LMR600 for the runs to the tower.

Also, always consider loss vs frequency when deciding how much to spend
on coax (or hard line) for a given run. For example, loss on 160M and
80M is quite low unless the run is VERY long. All of my "big" stuff is
working at 20M and above. One exception -- I have a "cobbled together"
run of 3-4 pieces of scrounged hard line and big coax feeding a 350 ft
run to a 40M wire dipole.

There are several internet resources that make this computation pretty
easy. The fanciest is SimSmith, a really nice Smith Chart program by
AE6TY. Free, runs in Java. Also, TL Details by AC6LA. And for even more
cool stuff, AC6LA's ZPlots, which is an Excel spreadsheet. All of this
stuff is FREE! And, of course, N6BV's TLW that comes on the CD with the
Antenna Book.

73, Jim K9YC