[TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?

Paul Staupe staupe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 20:21:29 EDT 2016

Thanks to all for the advice on a very interesting topic.  20-30 years ago,
HN connectors were my choice for "industrial strength," but were hard to
get and just as tough to install as N connectors.  After working as an
engineer for T-Mobile, I discovered the DIN connector and as LXC said, it
took about 5 minutes to realize that they were far superior.  I just didn't
know what was available on the male side for flexible jumpers until I asked.

Per W2RWJ description of the N2MO setup, I reached out to Joel at the RF
connection on Friday to get a crimp style DIN male connector that will work
with my Buryflex, and a DIN male to UHF female adapter just for grins which
will be here Tuesday.

As far as the application goes, it's to feed a 3L KLM 30M Yagi that I
picked up in Dayton after waiting years to find.  I know,  way overkill,
but every watt counts on 30 and when you're in the biz as I was, and Heliax
was cheaper than RG-213, why not?

Happy Labor day all.

73,

Paul W0AD