[TowerTalk] US Tower gearbox

Bob K6UJ k6uj at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 5 14:55:15 EDT 2016

John,

I don't know the capacity of your TX455 gearbox but it would not be over
one quart.
My HDX589 gearbox takes exactly one quart.
As you probably already know it is important to flush the old gear lube
out with
the synthetic lube you are going to use.  The original lube and the
synthetic are
not compatible.  I would order two quarts.  That should work fine for
flush and fill.
Here's a supplier that I have used.
https://www.zoro.com/mobil-mobil-shc-630-circulating-iso-220-1qt-120272/i/G0943074/

Bob