[TowerTalk] Swinging gate for rotating tower

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Sun Sep 11 07:57:40 EDT 2016

I bought 2 hinges from Lowes ... they're for a fence - they JUST fit my R55
tower ... I was going to use 2 of them spaced about 6" apart with a solid
1/2" stainless rod going between them through the hinge pin holes, possible
a bronze flanged bushing with washers welded on to the rod do so it stays in
place .... then weld a piece of 3' x 1/4" either flat or 1x1 angle stainless
as the arm ... put it on the leg that is looking towards your mid-point
direction ... so for me I'm going to have North as the mid-point - so I will
mount it to that leg pointed north ... that way as it moves ±180 degrees it
will only move 'backwards' (closer to the tower) by about 1 1/2' ...

if you wouldn't mind if you get pictures please forward them on to me as
well ...

Gary
K9RX (at ARRL dot net)
[building 148' R55 K0XG tower]