[TowerTalk] 4 square for 80

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Sat Sep 24 13:07:17 EDT 2016

Personally I have never choked the 4 feedlines to the verticals.  I fail to
see why the shield of the feedlines is different from the radials it is
connect to at the base of the vertical.  On my raised 80m 4-square I have 7
radials from each base, starting with the one going to the adjacent vertical
they go outwards every 45 degrees using heavy aluminum wire, then the 8th
one to complete the pattern is the shield of the coax going to the comtek
box.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373