[TowerTalk] FW: 4 square for 80

Tim Duffy k3lr at k3lr.com
Sat Sep 24 22:39:34 EDT 2016

  _____

From: Wayne Kline [mailto:w3ea at hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2016 10:23 PM
To: k3lr at k3lr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square for 80

Hi Tim

 I agree 100% with your analogy. My experience with raised and with ground
radial screen  is one mater. But the biggest  impact I had with My 4 SQ with
106 1/4 radials WAS a 43 Mix  sleeve of 8 Beeds . The system   bandwidth
narrowed 80KC with the center freq  of the  1/4 wave feedline and antenna
length were matched and the dump power Min. The FB and Gain improved.   Not
having the equipment  as John ON4UN used to  tune and test His quadrature .

Mine was on the air reports .

  and IMHO  Ground screens and chocked off  phase lines  balanced the
antenna by eliminating re radiated RF into the Comtec or my old Colatchco
box.

Wayne W3EA

  _____