[TowerTalk] Sealing Cable

Jon Pearl - W4ABC jonpearl at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Sep 25 15:09:12 EDT 2016

Hi Chuck,

I've written on my findings using Scotch 2228 Rubber Mastic Tape.  It's
available at Lowe's and Home Depot:

http://www.w4abc.com/Scotch2228.html

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scotch-1-in-x-10-ft-x-0-065-in-2228-Rubber-Mastic-Electrical-Tape-50727-BA-5/202195402

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC

www.w4abc.com

On 9/25/2016 12:55 PM, Chuck Gooden wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am redoing some coax connectors and need the manufactures part
> numbers for the Scotch products.  I have heard to use a layer of
> Scotch Super 33+ tape, would Scotch Super 88 be better?
>
> Then use some self vulcanizing tape, but I have no part number for
> this.  Is the part number for this Scotch Moisture sealing Electrical
> Tape (P/N #2228), or is there a better product to use? I am not sure
> if #2228 is self-vulcanizing
>
> The final step was a was to brush on a coating of Scotchkote. Should I
> use part number 14853 or is there another product I should be looking at?
>
> I am in northern Illinois and it does get cold here so any products
> will have to stand the temperature extremes here.
>
> Thanks,
> Chuck - N9QBT

---