[TowerTalk] Lead-Shot Counterweight

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Sep 26 01:10:52 EDT 2016

I too use split nuts for all connections on the wire antennas. Solder
does not last long at all around here.

My 5 C3i Yagi antennas (two 11L 440, Two 12L 144, and one 7L 6-meter)
use a coax match. I'm not sure how long the solder joints lasted on the
coax matching sections, because they were unused for about 4 years. They
had been up less than 10 years and when taken down, all the solder
joints but one had failed. They had at least 3 coats of clear Krylon
when put up.  The 144 and 440s are not going to be put back up. I hope
to mount the 7L 6-meter C3i about 10' above the C19XR on the LM470.
When I put the 7L 6-meter ant back up, it's going to get several coats
of liquid electrical tape instead of the clear Krylon.

73

Roger (K8RI)