[TowerTalk] Rotor Cable

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 26 12:13:23 EDT 2016

My "small" PP from Kurt is 280' from his GH to PP.  I use #10 low
voltage lighting wire (direct burial and uv resistant) with a second
pair paralleled as the ground conductor.   The many fine gauge stranded
wires make it super flexible in comparison to 10/3 UF.   I use a 22ga
separate pair for the sensor.  All work fine turning a 2L 350# 80m
beam.  This is on a guyed tower.  On my crank ups, I tape the many
coax+wires together about every 30" and they feed thru KF7P loop
standoffs, up 4 years, no problems.  Be sure to use Scotch 33+ tape, no
knockoff junk.  I flake the cable bundle into a 8' across figure eight
when lowering the tower.  This insures a large bend radius and no twist.

ebay has this wire (Carol brand ++) and big box stores also, but be sure
it is pure copper strands not copper plated aluminum.

Grant KZ1W
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-2-Low-Voltage-Outdoor-Landscape-Lighting-Wire-Cable-500ft-UV-rated-DB-10awg-/150747457706?hash=item23193fa8aa:m:mr3HyII5iUGAr7vrCsUfOvw