[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 & Mast lingth

Clifton Keely c_keely at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 16:54:16 EDT 2017

I am in the process of erecting a Rohn 25G to 30 feet with a house bracket.  My question is how long should the mast be within the tower?  I have a thrust bearing top plate and a good rotor for the load, but should the mast extend 2 feet below the top plate or 6 or 8 or 12 feet.  Would there be a real advantage to letting the mast go below the next tower joint down (10 ft).  DX sells a high budget mast they they won’t cut, it is 22 feet long.  I don’t think I want to have a mid sized triband 10 or 12 feet above the top plate/thrust bearing.  My plan is to place the antenna at about 5 feet above the top plate/bearing  Speak to me someone who knows. Please.  All advice greatly appreciated.  Clif AA6FE.