[TowerTalk] Shipping Aluminum tower on 20 ft flatbed

John Birken k2sfs73 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 05:37:57 EDT 2017

I am buying a 50 foot 5 section (18 inch triangular) tower

​plus 10 - 40 meter beam. From Wisc to Asheville, NC 840miles. About 450
lbs. in 10 owner wrapped pieces

Uship has offered to transport it on a 20 foot flatbed car shipping trailer.

How does one securely fit these items to a flatbed? I am assuming the truck
driver may not know Amateur radio seller has bull dozer and will be helpful.

I also need Uship to move a 24 foot boom on a 20 inch flatbed.

If he can use the trailer space and driver length should work

Comments on flatbed shipping, securing and boom
​fitting appreciated.

John, K2SFS