[TowerTalk] Question about Hub City oil change

Bob K6UJ k6uj at pacbell.net
Sat Aug 5 20:54:14 EDT 2017

Hi Rick,
They claim that synthetic oils do provide less friction than petroleum based oils.I can't explain what happened in your case but after I flushed the gearbox and put syntheticgear lube in my HDX589MDPL I noticed the gearbox didn't get as hot as before.  Now only warm
to the touch.  Also quieter.  Didn't notice any difference in how far it traveled after
the switch was thrown, but didn't really compare.  I don't know how far it traveled before
the gear oil change.  I went with one of Hub City's recommendations for the synthetic gear lube
for my gearbox.  I used Mobil Glygoyle 460.  It is advertised to be formulated specifically for worm gearboxes.  It sounds like your PGO-FGL 460 is equivalent.

BobK6UJ