[TowerTalk] Wire antenna in trees? (Patrick Greenlee) (Kelly Taylor)

Clay Autery cautery at montac.com
Sun Aug 6 15:44:23 EDT 2017

Roger that, Jim.  Until I can get my ENTIRE loop path clear of
vegetation, I will have to accept the trade-off and continue to use the
insulated stuff.  (Maybe this winter, fingers crossed).  Since I can
pull the entire loop down in about 10 minutes, keeping it pruned to
tuned length isn't much of a task...  Mine aren't nearly as high up as
yours.  :)

I'd love to give the bare solid stuff a try...  How much weight do you
have to use to keep it tensioned in the air?  280+ feet of #8 would be
some bit heavier...
And I'd definitely have to come up with a bigger diameter pulley.  :)

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389