[TowerTalk] Climbing advice

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 6 19:51:10 EDT 2017

This is what I do most of the time. I have a modest BX tower (HDBX48)
and it is very uncomfortable to climb because of the X-bracing. In some
instances, even if I climb it, I can't get to what I need to fix. I rent
a lift form a local place that goes up to 57'. It's on a trailer, but is
self-propelled so I can get it to the tower base. I level it and it's
ready . It saves my legs and allows me to fix stuff that would otherwise
be impossible even if I climbed the tower. If I rent it on a Friday
afternoon, I get it for the whole weekend for a one-day price as long as
I get it back around opening time on Monday.  I still climb my tower
from time to time for minor stuff, but for $270 a day that thing is the
shiznits.

Kim N5OP