[TowerTalk] CORDLESS SOLDERING IRON

Chuck Dietz w5prchuck at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 14:34:32 EDT 2017

I use the Master Appliance Butane Ultratorch.  It is the first and only
thing I have found that will solder on a tower with some wind. It is not a
standard torch. You first light it like a torch, but the purpose is to heat
a substance that reacts with butane to create heat. After a few seconds,
you extinguish the flame and get a steady stream that heats the tip to as
much as 1000 degrees F. There is no flame to blow out and you don't need to
constantly refuel. Unfortunately, Grainger no longer sells them, but here
is a brochure. I have not attempted to research where to buy one now. I
love mine.

https://www.grainger.com/ec/pdf/UT-300Si-Brochure.pdf

As we say in Texas, if you don't have an oil well or an Ultratorch, you
need to get one!

Chuck W5PR