[TowerTalk] CORDLESS SOLDERING IRON

AA6DX - Mark aa6dx at arrl.net
Tue Aug 8 15:26:10 EDT 2017

NO, & NO -- I have 2 of those battery irons, and had terrible luck using
them on a tower -- matter of fact, I don't even know where they are right
now!  HIHIHI..  BUT -- I also have a butane iron, and it was more
acceptable.  The real way I was successful was to pull an extension cord up
the tower and use a REAL soldering iron .. .. .. The hints about using a
wind shield of some sort is a swell idea, too.  If you are happy with
crimping coax connectors, and have the proper tool, I would go with that!
Worky worky -- 73 es DX -- Mark  AA6DX