[TowerTalk] G-2800DXA

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Aug 9 20:25:18 EDT 2017

If you're questioning if a rotator is big enough it probably is not.  You
will be money ahead by buying the Yaesu G-2800DXA, it is a very nice
rotator.

John KK9A

To:	"towertalk at contesting.com" <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject:	[TowerTalk] (no subject)
From:	Russ Dearmore via TowerTalk <towertalk at contesting.com>
Reply-to:	Russ Dearmore <champsruss at yahoo.com>
Date:	Wed, 9 Aug 2017 18:21:06 +0000 (UTC)
List-post:	<mailto:towertalk at contesting.com>
I purchased a used Force 12 EF-420/240N and plan to reassemble it this fall
and
be ready for the big contests this winter.  I'll be putting it on a 72' US
tower that goes down to about 22'.  I didn't get a lot of paperwork with it,

about 4 pages of drawings and dimensions, and am guessing that is
everything.
Once a company goes out of business it gets tough to find anything on an
antenna and was wondering if there were more resources that I just can't
find.
I'd appreciate any help especially anyone experienced with this model.  It
weighs 140 lbs and is my first big beam.  At this point of the sun cycle I
think I'll really enjoy 40m.  I plan to use Nolox or anti-sieze on all
joints.I
got it for about a tenth of it's original price so I couldn't resist.  I
only
have a G800 for a rotor and was wondering if a G1000 was good enough or
should
I go up to the G2800?  Thanks for all comments...  Russ   K5ZZR