[TowerTalk] Need Capacitors for Matching Network

Doug Smith doug at w7kf.com
Mon Aug 14 11:26:14 EDT 2017

My solution (http://www.w7kf.com/Articles/Projects/LNetworkCoupler.html) was to use air variable capacitors, one for each circuit. Adjust them once and then consider them as fixed values.  It seemed easier to get the values and power handling capabilities needed. I hand wound the coils out of 6 AWG copper from the big box store.

Also, it's nice to have variable components as you will have stray inductance and capacitance in your circuit that aren't in your model.

It did turn out large so might be a non-starter in your scenario..

73,
Doug, W7KF