[TowerTalk] coax advice

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Aug 19 14:09:45 EDT 2017

On 8/19/2017 10:18 AM, Chuck Dietz wrote:
> How does one deal with a 1000 ft roll of
> Hardline?  Is there some sort of holder?

I'm not sure that I understand the question.

A 1,000 ft spool of any coax RG8-size or larger, is pretty heavy, and
hard line is more so. That's the issue I see with managing it. I buy
coax on 1,000 ft or 500 ft spools, and unwind them by laying the exposed
end on the ground and rolling the spool away from it in my driveway.
When I need greater length, I turn the spool around and unroll some
more. When I have enough, I cut it, drag the ends to my outdoor
workbench, and install connectors.

73, Jim K9YC