[TowerTalk] Crappy LMR600

Clay Autery cautery at montac.com
Thu Aug 24 12:28:50 EDT 2017

Overkill?  Depends on your goal...  Mine is to NOT have to do
unnecessarily frequent maintenance/replacement.  And a wet cable is
unnecessary.
Wasted Money?  I bout the "-DB" stock I used last for less than a dime's
difference.  As it will likely last TWICE as long, it was a bargain.
Heavier?  Insignificant except for MAYBE wire dipoles with no middle
support...  Use better engineering or bigger dipole wire and pull more
tension.  Or don't worry about getting it perfectly flat.
Unsuitable? Matter of opinion even in your subset of wire antennas.

I will reiterate what my Dad taught me:

"If you cannot afford to do <insert task> once, you certainly cannot
afford to do it twice."

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G