[TowerTalk] A dumb question

jcjacobsen at q.com jcjacobsen at q.com
Sun Aug 27 14:29:07 EDT 2017

A question was asked about how deep to bury a coax run. It was then brought up about electrical codes and depth of 18".

If I remember, those ONLY apply to circuits carrying 110/220 household voltages. AND those areas are further "complicated" by how much amperage and how the run is protected at the source ie: breaker box.

I don't believe there is a code for low voltage or coax runs. Look at all the low voltage lighting in flower beds and along sidewalks. AND cable tv installers cut a slit and shove in the cable. It's your problem if you hit it with you core aerator while working on your lawn.

I guess it boils down to how much digging you want to do.

There have been some good ideas about using perforated conduit. I just wouldn't use the corrugated kind used for drain tile in basements.

As always, YMMV.

73
K9WN Jake