[TowerTalk] A dumb question

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Aug 28 00:59:42 EDT 2017

Direct burial is direct burial.  It's a PITA to work with (install
connectors), but the space between the dielectric and jacket is jell
filled. BuryFlex has a tough and slippery jacket.  Technically it's not
DB but can be used that way if it doesn't need protection.

How long is your run? Is it long enough to justify a larger coax for HF?
Conduit is good and water doesn't necessarily end up collecting in the
low spots.  If you install Ts in the low spots, make them critter
proof.  When I used 5" sewer pipe. I capped the Ts and put a series of
small holes in the caps. http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/tower42.htm

http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm is another approach
where both ends of the conduit are outside.  I've had no water problems
with these...so far.

73, Roger (K8RI)

On 8/26/2017 Saturday 9:28 PM, N4ZR wrote:
> After all this time I'm contemplating my first direct buried run of
> coax.  Hence this qwuestion - how deep is deep enough?  DoI need to
> get below the frost line?

Roger (K8RI)

---