[TowerTalk] Buried conduit pull rope

Thomas Noel tnoel at mac.com
Mon Aug 28 16:03:42 EDT 2017

Has anyone ever used the Muletape Quad Detectible as antenna wire?

Has 4 22 ga tinned copper insulated wires embedded, so much like electric control fencing but insulated. 4 parallel wires in a 1/2” tape with 1250# breaking strength with the 4 wires bonded seems like a strong lightweight self-supporting conductor for a long dipole or end-fed. Cheap at $80 for a 3000’ roll.

Polyester has excellent UV resistance. No idea what the abrasion resistance would be like, but it is designed to be tied in knots and to be dragged through ductwork and conduit.

Thomas W Noel
KF7RSF