[TowerTalk] guage of wire for 500 watt antenna?

Alan NV8A nv8a at charter.net
Tue Dec 5 11:36:54 EST 2017

I was quoting from a description of the NEC requirements rather than
from the NEC itself, and you are correct: that description does not
cover the situation where the antenna is exactly 150ft. long. Without
checking, my guess is that the NEC in fact says "150ft. or longer."

I think it would be a mistake to ignore the NEC altogether, because an
insurance company could use it against us in the case of a fire or
injury or death caused by the collapse of an antenna "under power."

73

Alan NV8A