[TowerTalk] common mode chokes, baluns and multiband doublets

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 11 20:04:49 EST 2017

It seems there is a good solution to a single common mode choke for
balanced lines over all of HF.  See the article in November 2017 RadCom
(RSGB) "An effective, easily made HF Balun".  G3LNP describes a 4:1
balun for all band doublets fed with REAL open wire feeders, with CM
rejection on the order of 40db.

Additionaly, consider G3TXQ's measurement of punched ladder line
losses.  http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/wet_ll/

I evangelize using real open wire, easy to make or buy. Examples:

http://trueladderline.com/w7fg-design-600-ohm-open-wire-feedline/
http://www.73cnc.com/product_p/ls100.htm

Grant KZ1W