[TowerTalk] Seeking info on Using Drones to put wires in trees

K5CG k5cg at hamoperator.org
Mon Dec 18 21:00:20 EST 2017

I used my Mavic Pro for Winter Field Day, and at home several times, to pull a fishing line messenger over the trees to pull up a paracord follower to then raise a dipole.

I use a three foot length of 1mm dacron cord with a small hasp hanging down from the bottom to keep the fishing line away from the props as I fly it out away from the fishing rod.

The Mavic is supremely stable and easy to fly. It will lift about 2 pounds and it's on sale this Xmas at Costco for $899. I didn't buy it for this application but realized it could be used for this type of thing after the fact.

73
Danny
K5CG