[TowerTalk] 40-10 meter wire antenna

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Wed Feb 1 21:37:20 EST 2017

The problem with this "logic" is that the gain increase in favored directions
comes at the expense of gain in non-favored directions.  With a stationary
antenna, "gain" might not be a blessing.  Personally, I would (and do) use fan
dipoles in an inverted-vee configuration.  Halfwave resonance gives the expected
broadside pattern and the vee configuration "fills in" the vertically polarized
pattern off the ends.  The feedpoint Z is also reasonable and not some
intractable value that requires heroic measures to match.  If you don't want
multiple dipoles, use traps.

My 2 cents.