[TowerTalk] Tower Foundation Pouring

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Fri Feb 3 22:07:38 EST 2017

By that logic, the slab of my garage floor should be about five feet thick at
one corner.  Instead, a reinforced concrete stem wall constrains engineered
backfill that was placed in 6 inch lifts and beat down to two inches with a
six-inch reinforced concrete slab on top.  Compacted backfill is perfectly
fine.  If the soil is collapsing already, "natural compaction" isn't so great to
start with.

Wes  N7WS