[TowerTalk] K9YC Choke Cookbook Question

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Sun Feb 5 22:24:32 EST 2017

If you follow this link http://k6mhe.com/n7ws/Ladder_Line.pdf to my paper and
look at Table 1, it gives the measured values of four different Wireman P/Ns.

Note that these are 50 MHz values and transmission line Zo and Vp are anything
but constant at lower frequencies.  Likewise, these particular lines use
copper-clad steel conductors that "misbehave" at lower frequencies so Eq 4
somewhat falls apart when the conductors do not have a well-developed skin
effect. I mentioned this in the paper but did not account for it in the equation.

Wes  N7WS