[TowerTalk] Advice on tower restrictions possible new homepurchase

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Tue Feb 7 10:50:35 EST 2017

Gary, I feel your pain.  I'm on 160 acres with nearest neighbors at 1/4
mile.  My noise floor on 20M is S-3 on my Flex 5000A with preamp off. A
little of this is from our own stuff but the rest (by far the majority)
is just our typical extant conditions.  The S-3 is on a Hygain Hytower
multiband vertical with feed point about 21 ft above grade.  I'm curious
to see what my noise situation will be when I get the SteppIR DB42 up
about 75 ft.

Patrick        NJ5G