[TowerTalk] Advice on tower restrictions possible new install

JVarney jvarn359 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 12:27:50 EST 2017

Ed, I agree. I wasn't implying that hams should just roll over and
accept these local restrictions without asserting our PRB-1 rights,
only that these types of restrictions aren't necessarily deal-killers
because they can be challenged.

I also concur that K1VR and ARRL volunteer counsels are
valuable resources.  K1VR's book is very helpful.

73 Jim K6OK

Ed N1UR wrote:

"... you never want to ask for a "variance" against a law that
doesn't apply to you.  You want to state that your request is not
restricted
by the current regulations.  Its NOT a commercial permit for a tower, its a
personal use auxiliary structure."