[TowerTalk] K9YC Choke Cookbook Question

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Thu Feb 9 14:10:09 EST 2017

At the time I made the original measurements my instrumentation (HP-8510) had a
low frequency limit of 45 MHz and I had a space limitation.  Consequently, I
couldn't measure at the frequencies where ladderine is commonly used.  Because
of the remarkable march of technology, I now have both N2PK and DG8SAQ Vector
Network Analyzers that can measure at lower frequencies with commensurate
accuracy.  I also discovered that I have a spool of ladderline I acquired years
ago at a swap meet when I still thought using it was a good idea.

So, when I get around to it and have a balun, or two, useful at a MHz or so, I
will measure this stuff.  I have determined that it uses 18 AWG Copperweld but
don't (and maybe never will) know how thick the copper is.

Wes, N7WS