[TowerTalk] LPDA optimal height

Ed navydude1962 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 23:18:43 EST 2017

This is why people stack antennas. There is no ONE sweet spot. 100' is almost too high for 10m but perfect for 30m. I say put it up, if you already have the tower.

I'm planning my own installation. I have three crank up towers:  106', 89', and 70'. The Steppir DB-36, which has three ele on 40m (6-40m) will go on the 106', a smaller Steppir on the 89' and a dedicated 6/10m antenna on 70'. I figure this will give me good, all around coverage.

I can also vary the height on towers, if I'm aiming at any specific target.

Crank up is the way to go, unless you have stacked antennas.

Good luck.

Ed NI6S