[TowerTalk] LPDA optimal height

Ed navydude1962 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 22:54:08 EST 2017

The benefit I see with an LPDA is the fact that you can operate multiple frequencies, simultaneously, like ALE. Likewise, it may be useful as a listening antenna if you have multiple receivers like a Flex 6700, that lets you see up to eight spectrum slices.

Short of that, you sacrifice gain and F/B, not to mention they don't play well around other antennas. Plus, they challenge the front end of a receiver because of their broadband design. The TH-11 or F12 C-31XR will blow it away. For lower freqs, consider a 2 ele 40 m yagi.

Steppir antennas are great, too!

73,
Ed