[TowerTalk] Abrasion resistant wire antenna support suggestions

Kirk Kleinschmidt sohosources at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 02:15:30 EST 2017

0.061 or larger ROUND weed whacker (string trimmer) line. Works fine for 5-10 years at a time, even in harsh MN winters and summers. Used it for decades. No reason to stop now. :)
Don't use the "star profile" line or the various "edged" lines, as they will cut your tree limbs over time. :)
The round line is harder to find, but it's still available.
Good luck,
--Kirk, NT0Z  Rochester, MN My book, "Stealth Amateur Radio," is now available from www.stealthamateur.com and on the Amazon Kindle (soon)